Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mercury Shift - I've been waiting



Not sure if you follow the Mercury retrogrades, but I really feel that this one has been a biggie. Being a Virgo, I have an affinity for Mercury and "my" planet finally hit the midpoint yesterday. I've been waiting for that shift.  

At 07:18 UT (Universal Time), on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008, Mercury the cosmic trickster turns retrograde in Libra, the sign of the Scales, sending communications, travel, appointments, mail and the www into a general snarlup! This awkward period begins a few days before the actual turning point (as Mercury slows) and lasts for three weeks or so, until October 15, just after the Full Moon in Aries, when the Winged Messenger reaches his direct station. At this time he halts and begins his return to direct motion through the zodiac.

Everything finally straightens out on October 31, as he passes the point where he first turned retrograde. Mercury turns retrograde three times a year, as a rule, but the effects of each period differ, according to the sign in which it happens.

I'm ready for the balance to be restored, aren't you? btw, the wordle is just me recently. Some days a wordle tells you what you've been saying. ;-)

4 comments:

Judy said...

El J is at the office today, Thursday 16th. Give a call if you can.
BTW what is a wordle?
Dumb and Dumber here.

Taccolina said...

Hi Maureen,

Your balanced self has just been nominated for a tag over at Taccolina... http://taccolina.blogspot.com/2008/10/321-youre-it.html

Have a good weekend!
B

Drewzel said...

I think the whole world needs some balance restored!

I've made it 'Blogtoberfest Fave Friday' play along if you like...check out my post. xx

pen said...

being another virgo I'm certainly waiting for something to give- I've had this retrograde thingy, its driving me crazy!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts