Monday, October 27, 2008

LetsDish Goes Pink

Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the most part women don't hurt other women if they can help it. I've never had a bad or mean technician in over 20 years of getting mushed. It's worth it and you're worth it. Some of us will find the big C as a new part of our life but that's what we can then have...Life. Life as a survivor.

But here's a nice idea to contemplate if you live in the Greater Baltimore/DC area.

Local food prep chain Lets Dish! has a Pink Dish promo. I quote...

This year, Let's Dish! has expanded its commitment to increasing breast cancer awareness. The mission for our Pink Dish! Campaign in the mid-Atlantic is to do what we do best - provide meals to those who need them – in this case supporting families living with breast cancer through the donation of healthy Let's Dish! meals at no cost. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in 2008, we plan to provide meals to even more families, and we’ve created more ways to get involved. Take a look around our site to find out how you can be a part of the Pink Dish! Campaign.


Thanks to Aimee over at SmilingMama one of the Blogher attendees that I didn't meet...I don't think...for this inspiration. ;-)

1 comment:

CameoRoze said...

Had my mammogram last week -- twice, cuz they thought they saw something. Came out clean the second time. Two days later, found a small something in the 'other' breast. I go see the doc this afternoon. I'm a little scared. :/
Cameo @-->-->---

Blog Archive

Popular Posts