Monday, September 1, 2008

World Blog Day...oh ...yesterday

I only saw this later in the day yesterday so Belated Happy World Blog Day everyone.

The point was also to list 5 very interesting new-to-you blogs. I am usually so easily led down the yellow brick tangent that is the internet, that it would have ordinarily been quite easy.

But I was caught up in the mixture of my own memories and the delight of intertwining them with lovely Maryam of My Marrakesh .

Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express
They're taking me to Marrakesh
All aboard the train, all aboard the train
Thank you Graham Nash.

While her adventures regarding the starting of their own boutique hotel were interesting enough, it was her memories of her own life abroad that triggered my own. Seeing the little chai glasses is enough to take her back to Iran (me too) and the fact that her purchase was in my last Middle Eastern foray, Mamama, was that second click for me. She is now just another friend I've yet to meet in person.



If the idea of summer ending is depressing you or if you are still in the end of winter, have a look at Maryam's lush ever-summer world and also take time to read her Secret. It will round out the picture. If our dollar ever rises vis a vis the euro, I'd love to stay in her Peacock Pavilions.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts