Sunday, September 14, 2008

This is...what I do with 10 spare minutes

I have a lot of these now that I'm retired but ...

Mostly my spare moments come while I am in the house. I am fortunate that I don't have to do much or go many places where I have to wait. If there is that possibility, I usually have a bag with a magazine to read - something to look at in short bursts.

I also have followed Flylady's concept of ...you can do anything for 15 minutes...so sometimes those 10 min gaps are spent clearing off a 'hotspot', meaning a pile of anything in whatever room I'm in. I can also wipe down a kitchen counter or a bathroom in 10 minutes. I can also clean up yet another spot I've noticed where the cat has thrown up. Sigh.

photo from cheryl
Mostly I use the time at home to get another glass of water, or get rid of another glass of water previously taken in. Water in, water out! Hydration is good but... ;-)

Oh yeah, and in the car at traffic lights I file my nails. I keep emery boards around everywhere. Nothing exciting in those spare minutes but maybe if you click the "This Is" button on the right you'll find someone who has a great activity for those 10 precious moments! Thanks to hoppobumpo for this week's topic.

5 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I've started using the technique of doing things in 15 minutes as well. It's great and I can't believe how much I get done!

Hoppo Bumpo said...

I think I need to give the 15 minute technique a go. I might actually get a few things done around the house!

Lilli boo said...

Right, I am certainly learning about time management on some of these posts and the art of using time effectively...excellent ideas...

potty mouth mama said...

I've never heard of the 15 minutes time slot, but heck, it sounds like gold. I am going to start using it, then I, like Hoppo Bumpo, will get some things done around this place!

Jenny said...

Like your 15 minute bursts of activity-good idea:)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts