Sunday, September 28, 2008

This is ...show off time.

This week's theme comes from May the cloth be with you and it certainly is a different idea. Good one I think. Too many people (read women) are loathe to boast about themselves. True humility says this is what I'm good at and this is what I'm not. We need to recognize both sides of our own coin's makeup.

I will say that I'm really good at cooking, and more so...something that surprised me about 20 yrs ago...was that I can quickly plan a meal/party for a group and not get flustered.


I only say I was surprised when a woman I knew, my own age, mentioned it was a talent 'these young people' had for entertaining a big group. Huh? I had no idea it was not a natural talent for all of us, well mostly all of us females. (Sexist yes, but ...) Anyhow, I recognized that it was a skill I had.

The other boast about is that I finally, finally finished up my degree at age 56. But literally on my first wedding anniversary! So the timing was meant to be.


I love this saved one...because to me it IS proof. ;-)

I'm sure I could make my list considerably longer because I have never been a shy, little violet. However, it does sometimes take me time to recognize that what comes easily to me might not come so easily to you. So...click that button that says This is...and see what great accomplishments others might be proud of.

(And yes, I have three children but really it was just a few minutes of sex that produced them...and that's not so hard, is it?!?!?)

11 comments:

Kirsty said...

I love that "proof" shot! That is a fabulous achievement & certainly a "show off" to be proud of.

BigCat said...

You make me laugh - a couple of minutes of sex to make kids. It's a lifetimes work.

The proof photo is just fabulous. It would make a great art journal page/theme.

You're a talented women for sure.

CurlyPops said...

Love the last comment...hilarious!!
Cooking for a large group is definitely a talent..you should be very proud of your achievements.

Bird Bath said...

well done! a degree, three kids and being able to whip up a dinner party menu. I get flustered cooking for crowds.

Hoppo Bumpo said...

A degree is a wonderful achievement ... but catering for a crowd a rare skill. I wish I could do it!

Lindsay Bear said...

Congratulations to you!!! What a huge accomplishment and something to be SO proud of! Happy "This Is" week to you!

AnastasiaC said...

yeahh you look SO cute!! well done, a wonderful achievment - and definetely something to show off!
its interesting you say we dont like to talk about ourselves...so true, it makes me uncomfortable!

flossy-p said...

Congratulations on finishing your degree, you do look proud, as you should be!

I agree with your friends, entertaining, and especially cooking for more than 2 people is a real talent... one which I do NOT share.

Karin said...

Just wanted to say that I'm smiling here. :-)

Great 'show offs'!

potty mouth mama said...

That is wonderful - I love that 'proof' shot too - that's cool.

potty mouth mama said...

PS - I WISH I could easily cook for a dinner party, or large group.. It would send me into a large tizz. I admire you.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts