Translate

Friday, September 5, 2008

Love Friday?

Not so much love around today... bah humbug.

We had a "boys night in" dinner last night which went quite well. It was during the day that I saw more and more and more of poor old Sebastian's cat hair. I have washed the floor three times this week and short of washing all the walls and pretty much EVERYthing in the house, I feel as if I am on a losing streak. Plus it is getting into spider time, and of course the webs that spring up over night catch even more of the hair.

Most of hair and web backlog comes from the many trips we have taken, along with the disappearance of the cleaning lady. She was quite good - when she came - but a friend and I felt she may have had a 'chemical' issue. I wish her well wherever she is, but I had delayed finding someone else. You know there is that one day that you suddenly look ...or see...and say "How Did all THIS happen?!?!?"

Well, I was tired this am, and happily slept till 07:30. I was just settled in with a cuppa tea and ready to read emails when dear man...and I must remember that 95% of the time he IS a dear man...the dear man burst in telling me I had better go and move the bags of topsoil NOW before it got too hot!!!

"Excuse me!" "I haven't even been up for an hour, I am still in my jammies, and your urgency is NOT mine!" I know we are expecting the bits of Hurricane Hanna today but damn...

I put shorts on, moved the topsoil, and spent the rest of the morning cleaning up bits of the garden...three trashcans full. I'm spent, and I still need a haircut.

So I remember these....

No, not from the dear man, but from one of our dinner guests last night. I think a good mood will come back if I add another episode of "MI-5."

A new white background here helped too. I think.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I think you need a day off and a proper sleep in to have a rest!

BigCat said...

That doesn't sound good at all. Hope next Friday makes up for it many times over.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts