Thursday, September 25, 2008

36 Million Women

Now that's a number to be reckoned with isn't it? Do you know what that # refers to???

36 million women who blog and read blogs worldwide

If you're reading this, you are one of those women according to the BBC story about Blogher. The bulk of the story discusses paid ads on your site but that stat just astounded me. Astounded me and inspired me...with hope for us who inhabit Mother Earth.

Made me think of Jean Shinoda Bolen's book The Millionth Circle. Come on tipping point, come on soon.

Think of your own blogroll as your own circle, and look at how many of our circles intersect, and lap over each others'. "When a critical number of people change how they think and behave, the culture will also, and a new era begins." Blog on!!

2 comments:

mm said...

That quote is an inspiring one, isnt it? Ive been musing about the desire to blog, wondering if it serves a wider purpose. Your post answers my question in the affirmative.

And I need to read that book.

Glad Ive found this blog via your comment at my place :-)

BigCat said...

Love it. It's so true. So much connectedness in this world.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts