...my favorite childhood memory. This week's theme comes from Danielle at TeacupsonTreetops. Thanks for a sweet one.
I truly don't think I have almost any toy, possession etc still around from my childhood so I have to go with a memory.
My Lithuanian grandfather used to take me mushroom hunting in the woods across the street from the house where we lived in Pennsylvania. My grandparents lived in the other half of the duplex next door. I was under three when this happened and I'm sure my Nana was glad to have me out from under her feet since my grandparents were raising me while my mother worked and my father was a soldier during WWII. (My mother worked in Philadelphia and only saw me on the weekends when she came home.)
I can remember the light thru the trees and the smell and sound of walking on decaying leaves and twigs. PopPop knew the mushrooms well and I wish that talent had been passed down to me. Alas, he died when I was 3 yrs old and that is also the first time my heart was broken. There is a certain autumnal light that can surprise me with this memory on occasion.
I still love mushrooms in any shape or form! Want to see what others treasure? Check Angela's list at Three Buttons.
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Can I get a napkin???
- Peaches or why I love to can
- On My Desk...July 30
- Jersey Boy Breakfast
- This is ...my favorite painting
- Hello New Joisey
- Flashback Friday 3. 08 07 25
- Not just...salmon again
- On My Desk...July 23
- Vintage Today
- Winter Brides
- This is ...what makes me happy
- Wordle Away
- Flashback Friday 2.
- Not your usual spaghetti
- On my Desk...July 16
- Coming to YOUR town??
- No Personality Surprise
- This is ... what scrambles my brain when I try to ...
- Australian Bananas or....
- Wicked Sol
- Maureen's Mixtape
- On My Desk...July 9
- Clever those Dutch!
- Collage Workshop
- Maryland Summer - Sunday Supper
- This is...
- Now what did that mean???
- On My Desk...July 2
- ▼ July (29)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
Week 29 with lots of attention to a badly neglected garden. Not all got done but then it had been quite a few weeks of hot hot weather an...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
cure for brain troubles...if only
1. I love Pinterest and the way you can find some of the most amazing things. I saw this drink this week, Sekanjibin, one of those now popu...
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...