Sunday, July 13, 2008

This is ... what scrambles my brain when I try to understand it



I know it's a big, bad program.
I know I may be out of its league.
And #&#%% it, it's the first software program that has stumped, or rather overwhelmed me.

Mostly I have had no one to teach me, nor have the classes I attended been quite what I thought they would be. I finally got Photoshop Elements by buying the inexpensive Bamboo tablet. I took a PE class....but can you believe it was a lecture class with no computers provided? That was fun stupid imho. Just think of listening to a droning voice for 3, yes, 3, hours talk about Photoshop.

So now I find a get library books, or tutorials on the Web, try to walk myself thru it, and have moderate sucess. But even better, I now have found someone who knows the whole CS and I am going to ask him to come over and walk me thru a couple of things. I don't want to teach myself the longest way to do stuff if I don't have to. He gets a good dinner, and I get hands on advice. I now have hope. I may go blind in the process, but I have hope.


This meme comes from FlightlessBoyds and she even had 2 options. And ThreeButtons has a list of the players so you can check out more brain scrambling things. Prepare your brain!!

11 comments:

CameoRoze said...

This cracks me up! I got PE for Mother's Day. Finally installed it. Then bought a book. I still haven't cracked either one!

My daughter (100s of miles away) took a class. Said she'd send me her class notes. Still hasn't.

When you finish learning a few things, can you send your friend my way? Please? I'll even clean up my studio so there's a place to work.

And make chocolate chip cookies.
;D

Cameo @-->-->---

Lisa said...

I hear you Maureen.

What scrambles my brain is hearing that you went to a class about a computer program that didn't actually have any computers.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's so good that you're finding someone to help. That's how I learnt, from a friend, whom I paid in bottles of wine and we'd always share dinner afterwards ;) I absolutely love it now.

I've been planning on starting up some online photoshop tutorials this week, but not sure where to start to be honest. Anything you'd like to know in particular?

CurlyPops said...

That's a great one!
I have photoshop but all I use it for is red eye and cropping because everything else it too hard. Start mentioning layers and I go off to la la land!

Lilli boo said...

I'm so with you..I attempted learning CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) course whilst pregnant. I made it half way through the course, had my baby and realised I couldn't be supermum and study..I have since completed the course but starting from scratch was the hardest part! Still a computer course without computers that one stumps me!...

danica said...

Hehe. I'm with you on that one! Pretty much all computer software makes me a bit doo-lally. Great post, Maureen!

Leni & Rose said...

Yes, it's true, there's a lot of stuff in Photoshop that 'scramble brain' worthy. But it does get easier with practice! I like the new look of your site by the way!

Kirsty said...

I really want to expand my photoshop skills. Hoping Tech Support will give me a few lessons.

Jenaveve said...

Oh wow - I hear ya! I lurve Photoshop but I also appreciate that it is a big scary monster and just when I think I know how to do something I realise how little I really know about it!! It can seem very overwhelming.

Sometimes I just love watching the tutorials to see how things can be created.

AnastasiaC said...

i hear you there!! i wish i knew what i was doing in photoshop...and to think i even did a course - how dopey am i??

Maureen said...

Glad to know I'm not the only dunce in the deck. ;-)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts