Great theme this Sunday comes from Hila.
Well, as many of you might know from reading my blog, I've done a lot of travel in my life. But one recent trip stands out because of how much my dh and I learned about each other. He had always wanted to go to Budapest because he had a college friend who escaped Hungary after 1956. Budapest was part of a whirlwind 9 day trip via Austrian Air to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. The only thing we missed was snow.
I loved the cold, brisk weather, and we both loved the food and even more so the people. They seemed a bit closer to the 'harder, old days' than say Prague but we agreed...Budapest was on its way to being the 'new Prague.' Communism's scars ran deep. The old skin hadn't been totally shed in Dec 2006, but I bet today there is less and less of the old mentality.
And what did we learn? We learned that we could travel well together on a vacation that called for three languages, none of which I spoke, three currencies, three metro systems and a long overnight flight for a man who doesn't usually sleep on airplanes. Thank you Ambien. And when I had travel overload, and brain burnout, he was clear and certain. We found in each other a good balance in travel, which isn't always the case at home... ;-) And so? we try to travel a lot!!! Here's more to see more of this trip.
And if you want more good vacation memories check Three Buttons who maintains the looong list of players.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- This is...
- Book recommendation
- BooHoo...no on my desk today
- watermelon dot org???
- Wow! don't you love stats?
- This is ...my favorite outfit
- Flashback Friday June 20
- Progress? Priorities?
- On my Desk..June 18
- Sink your teeth into this Cupcake
- How rich are you??
- If nothing changes, nothing changes
- This is ....the space in which I create (and creat...
- Cancelled the Cable
- Flashback Friday June 13
- Were you still wondering about those firestarters?...
- On my desk...June 11
- Color, Color...play with Color
- I have a winner! It's Lisa.
- This is...my favorite (recent) travel memory
- Pies for both Hemispheres
- Post 100!!! Giveaway Below at End of Post
- On my desk...June 4
- How about them O's, hon?
- This is ...my pet
- ▼ June (25)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...