Great theme this Sunday comes from Hila.
Well, as many of you might know from reading my blog, I've done a lot of travel in my life. But one recent trip stands out because of how much my dh and I learned about each other. He had always wanted to go to Budapest because he had a college friend who escaped Hungary after 1956. Budapest was part of a whirlwind 9 day trip via Austrian Air to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. The only thing we missed was snow.
I loved the cold, brisk weather, and we both loved the food and even more so the people. They seemed a bit closer to the 'harder, old days' than say Prague but we agreed...Budapest was on its way to being the 'new Prague.' Communism's scars ran deep. The old skin hadn't been totally shed in Dec 2006, but I bet today there is less and less of the old mentality.
And what did we learn? We learned that we could travel well together on a vacation that called for three languages, none of which I spoke, three currencies, three metro systems and a long overnight flight for a man who doesn't usually sleep on airplanes. Thank you Ambien. And when I had travel overload, and brain burnout, he was clear and certain. We found in each other a good balance in travel, which isn't always the case at home... ;-) And so? we try to travel a lot!!! Here's more to see more of this trip.
And if you want more good vacation memories check Three Buttons who maintains the looong list of players.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- This is...
- Book recommendation
- BooHoo...no on my desk today
- watermelon dot org???
- Wow! don't you love stats?
- This is ...my favorite outfit
- Flashback Friday June 20
- Progress? Priorities?
- On my Desk..June 18
- Sink your teeth into this Cupcake
- How rich are you??
- If nothing changes, nothing changes
- This is ....the space in which I create (and creat...
- Cancelled the Cable
- Flashback Friday June 13
- Were you still wondering about those firestarters?...
- On my desk...June 11
- Color, Color...play with Color
- I have a winner! It's Lisa.
- This is...my favorite (recent) travel memory
- Pies for both Hemispheres
- Post 100!!! Giveaway Below at End of Post
- On my desk...June 4
- How about them O's, hon?
- This is ...my pet
- ▼ June (25)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...