Translate

Sunday, June 1, 2008

This is ...my pet

This week's theme comes from Two Peas in a Pod.

In reality, this is the one who owns us, but if you have a pet you already know that. If you don't have a pet, then consider who owns who....carefully. This is Sebastian, our Lilacpoint Siamese. He's "mature", 16 I think.



He was one of a pair of brothers we got from a family who were giving the two away. the couple had had 3 boys in 5 yrs, and were expecting boy #4. The cats didn't stand a chance...tho the couple had doted on them for 5 years pre children.



The two boys were inseperable, i.e. Felix would not leave Sebastian alone, and was always grooming him and fussing over him. The vet told us Sebastian was a ...gasp!..poor groomer. Well, he might have been less than diligent about his grooming but it turned out he was diabetic. Sigh. Felix flew away to live with another catlover who was desperate for a cat, and we began the twice daily insulin shots.



He was not happy when we renovated the kitchen - 14 months of bedlam.




Sebastian has now 'outgrown' his diabetes, but I believe it was the energy work I did on him. Whatever, the shots are history, and he is a happily aging cat who tolerates me and loves my dh.

This is most of his life these days.He is happiest asleep on dh's lap while dh reads. Not a shabby way of life...



There are more pets to see on Threebuttons list. Have a look at the blogroll of This is...

11 comments:

Bird Bath said...

Sebastian appears to be leading a wonderfully cosy life. I think Siamese cats are gorgeous - if only my husband wasn't allergic to cats. Funny though whenever we go somewhere with cats they always head straight up to him and snuggle up!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Lovely cat. We always had dogs because my sister was allergic to cats, but I always loved visiting friends with cats. Having a cat nap on your lap is so special.

flossy-p said...

Those photo's are so cute :) I hope my cat lives to such a ripe old age too.

Hila said...

What a beautiful cat! He looks like such a lovely guy and from the sounds of it, has a wonderful life :)

AnastasiaC said...

gorgeous cat - so many cat lovers...im a cat girl myself although Ive never had one!

mill said...

A cat with diabetes...who would have thought...

Lisa said...

Oh yes, I know the feeling of being owned by a cat.

They sound like a lovely duo though I am sure Sebastian also enjoys being the only one around.

Maureen said...

Mill, sadly it's a lot more common with Siamese...too highly bred I guess. We were tipped off by the woman who took Felix; she had bred Siamese in prior years.

faz said...

lol "poor groomer" that cracks me up!!! I didn't realise you can grow out of diabetics....or is that a special cat skill?

BigCat said...

He's so beautiful. I love Siamese and the lilac colour is gorgeous. It's great to be owned by a cat - no pleasure quite like it in the world.

danica said...

This is such a lovely pet biography, Maureen :)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts