Sunday, June 22, 2008

This is ...my favorite outfit

The full title of this week's theme is this is... my most favourite outfit that expresses my individual style. I am way past thinking about expressing my individual style. I know what's me and I tend to wear it regardless of fashion, save the odd fun, cheap item.

However, if I had to describe my style, I'd say simple, clean looking, and hopefully at times elegant. I have never, ever, really never, liked cute. Funky and quirky don't do it for me either.

When I worked, it was wool slacks (usually black) with a sweater, often cashmere, or a nice long sleeved, ballerina neck t-shirt. (We had heat that really worked.) On my feet? flats or a very very low heel and jewelry was my gorgeous wedding ring, and small diamond hoop earrings, and a gold Italian bracelet. Sometimes if I was bored, I'd add one of my many scarves.

For the 9 months we were not in session, I usually wore a variation of the vintage Gap below. I have not worn pantyhose in over a dozen years, but back in the 80s job when I did, I wore them with suit skirts several inches above my knees. I did outreach, rep'ing my boss, and they did remember my mind and my legs, and my boss.

And then there's me in a sort of version.

I haven't bought many khakis lately, since I have a bunch of patterned crop pants. However, most of those do not have pockets, and it bugs the hell out of me. There are times when I just want to carry the plastic and my keys. So here I am with a pair of khaki shorts (with pockets)and a top I didn't think I'd wear much more this summer, but we have been blessed with cool-ish, dry days. Heaven!



btw, I switched to some patterned crops since dh and I too often had the same kind of outfit on, and looked like geezer twins.

KittysKaboodle came up with this week's theme, and the list of players is over on Threebuttons. Have your own style show!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love a nice pair of khakis

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Looks like a nice clean fresh style. dh and I also have the same problem of dressing the same. We even turned up the same on our first date (him in a black t-shirt and long red cargos, me in a black t-shirt and red skirt).

Bec said...

Hehe, my husband and I often argue about who got dressed first, and who should change their outfit, when we go to leave the house and realise we are wearing the same outfit. I figure at least it means we both have good taste :P

AnastasiaC said...

haha i love that you and your DH wear similar things! thats great - nice and comfy!
i love that GAP ad! so fun!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts