Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pies for both Hemispheres


I know for us here in the northern hemisphere, it's getting hot and hotter. But that does hold the promise of summer fruit and all those yummy cherry and peach desserts. To me the peach is THE fruit. I love mangoes, but I get Real, Ripe peaches round here and oh...I can almost smell them now. For those of you going into winter, well there's apples. I tend to think of apples as almost the most utilitarian of all fruits. Brush your teeth, eat an apple, make the bed... To me apples are fine, sure, whatever...And yes, I have had gems over the years, but thems not peaches.

So why do I say any of this? Well, Not Martha has a wonderful trick (is it truc en francaise?) about baking the little goodies in the short canning jars. Look see!

I can't wait to test this one out and she references other ideas...cakes, frozen desserts. Oh yes....

(REMEMBER THERE IS A GIVEAWAY BELOW...JUST MAKE A POST AND YOU'LL BE ENTERED)

2 comments:

Kaija said...

Oh now I want to start baking again! Looks so delicious! (I just took a batch of chocolate-cherry cupcakes from the oven...hmm...) It's almost too hot for baking, but it's not that bad when you do it at nighttime :D

Sasparilla Sue said...

I'm not a real cooked fruit lover but dang that looks good!!! Maybe it's just my sweet tooth talking, I dunno. YUM!!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts