Saturday, June 7, 2008
Pies for both Hemispheres
I know for us here in the northern hemisphere, it's getting hot and hotter. But that does hold the promise of summer fruit and all those yummy cherry and peach desserts. To me the peach is THE fruit. I love mangoes, but I get Real, Ripe peaches round here and oh...I can almost smell them now. For those of you going into winter, well there's apples. I tend to think of apples as almost the most utilitarian of all fruits. Brush your teeth, eat an apple, make the bed... To me apples are fine, sure, whatever...And yes, I have had gems over the years, but thems not peaches.
So why do I say any of this? Well, Not Martha has a wonderful trick (is it truc en francaise?) about baking the little goodies in the short canning jars. Look see!
I can't wait to test this one out and she references other ideas...cakes, frozen desserts. Oh yes....
(REMEMBER THERE IS A GIVEAWAY BELOW...JUST MAKE A POST AND YOU'LL BE ENTERED)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- This is...
- Book recommendation
- BooHoo...no on my desk today
- watermelon dot org???
- Wow! don't you love stats?
- This is ...my favorite outfit
- Flashback Friday June 20
- Progress? Priorities?
- On my Desk..June 18
- Sink your teeth into this Cupcake
- How rich are you??
- If nothing changes, nothing changes
- This is ....the space in which I create (and creat...
- Cancelled the Cable
- Flashback Friday June 13
- Were you still wondering about those firestarters?...
- On my desk...June 11
- Color, Color...play with Color
- I have a winner! It's Lisa.
- This is...my favorite (recent) travel memory
- Pies for both Hemispheres
- Post 100!!! Giveaway Below at End of Post
- On my desk...June 4
- How about them O's, hon?
- This is ...my pet
- ▼ June (25)
When Annapolis really was a seagoing town. When Annapolis had sailing vessels in the harbor that were not luxury boats for the 'carria...
The blond in the center of the photo is #2 son after his high school graduation in Paris. He just turned 44 yesterday so time has pass...
"...I'll remember him. Running towards me, arms wide, hair blowing back from his forehead, laughing like he hadn't a care in th...
In the 1950s and 60s, my father sold tires in Washington DC at 23rd and M NW. He had occasion to meet many influential people at this job as...
I have tried the Project Life app in the past and didn't quite get it. Now I do! I was also testing some actions for WendyZine I can see...
1. When we got married, I kind of assumed we'd have a dog as he had always had dogs. But no, no interest. Maybe this is the way to go. ...
Hello Friday! Even though I'm retired and none of my life has revolved around school schedules for a long time, the Monday-Friday patter...