Today is clean off the desk day. A lot of crapola to sort out, throw away (aargh!!). put away. I want to see wood!
Some of it is the debris from the Artist Way group's studio day at my house last Sunday. I had help in doing this 6 Element (ONLY) ATC. I think ATCs are too small for me to enjoy right now...too much looking for fiddly little things. I may try it again sometime, but not with such a structured theme. Lesson learned.
And this lump of fluff is dryer vent fluff to add to candlewax in paper egg carton cups. Yes, highly flammable and that's the point...fire starters which will be gifts for those friends who have wood burning fireplaces. Ours is gas...which is good and bad. Good cause it's f.a.s.t but bad cause you lose that scent of woodburn. At our age, the ease won out.
Noting all the orange. Hmmm. Orange means change so I guess I better get off my computer butt and start that a.m. tidying. btw, first day in 3 days that it promises to be under 100ish. I came into this room at 6am and could open the window again! so nice to feel the breeze, and there is one. I accept our Maryland summer but I like the cool end of it best.
Ok, nuff from me...check out other desks and have a visit with Kirsty.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- This is...
- Book recommendation
- BooHoo...no on my desk today
- watermelon dot org???
- Wow! don't you love stats?
- This is ...my favorite outfit
- Flashback Friday June 20
- Progress? Priorities?
- On my Desk..June 18
- Sink your teeth into this Cupcake
- How rich are you??
- If nothing changes, nothing changes
- This is ....the space in which I create (and creat...
- Cancelled the Cable
- Flashback Friday June 13
- Were you still wondering about those firestarters?...
- On my desk...June 11
- Color, Color...play with Color
- I have a winner! It's Lisa.
- This is...my favorite (recent) travel memory
- Pies for both Hemispheres
- Post 100!!! Giveaway Below at End of Post
- On my desk...June 4
- How about them O's, hon?
- This is ...my pet
- ▼ June (25)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...
I can't be sure of the date but as my cousin Joe and I were both born in 1944, I'm thinking that our first communions would have bee...