Friday, June 27, 2008
Having just come from You SEW Girl's blog, I thought of all you who do sew in the various ways. I really loved this book and it made me think of the needle and thread world that is out there and is so far from my experience. While I did sew in my 20s, I can't say it was any great love.
But for those of you who find satisfaction in stitching, try out this book...it's about a seamstress (probably not the best word) who worked for Coco Chanel. It made me think of The Devil Wears Prada re bosses.
The Collection by Gioia Diliberto
(btw, I am dealing with my withdrawal from the net with brief periods on my dh's laptop - the only computer in the house with a connection. New IP gets connected on Wednesday!!)
- ► 2014 (127)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- This is...
- Book recommendation
- BooHoo...no on my desk today
- watermelon dot org???
- Wow! don't you love stats?
- This is ...my favorite outfit
- Flashback Friday June 20
- Progress? Priorities?
- On my Desk..June 18
- Sink your teeth into this Cupcake
- How rich are you??
- If nothing changes, nothing changes
- This is ....the space in which I create (and creat...
- Cancelled the Cable
- Flashback Friday June 13
- Were you still wondering about those firestarters?...
- On my desk...June 11
- Color, Color...play with Color
- I have a winner! It's Lisa.
- This is...my favorite (recent) travel memory
- Pies for both Hemispheres
- Post 100!!! Giveaway Below at End of Post
- On my desk...June 4
- How about them O's, hon?
- This is ...my pet
- ▼ June (25)
Long long ago we visited friends (former co-workers from Bangkok) while we were in Malawi and they were in the Sudan. It was an interestin...
I will be happily watching the World Cup all weekend, which is a a wonderful way to celebrate all the countries of the world.
We arrived in England in the summer of 1968 but had to wait quite a few months til out house was done. We quickly learned about the Engli...
After our time in Belem, we had another plan for the day. The tram rides gave us such a good feel for the city and were so inexpensive. An...
1. Ola, Ole...well kind of. I have watched more of this World Cup than an other in my lifetime, and as much as my heart went out to Brazil, ...
No not week 25 yet. This is week 28 for me and that means my exercise classes start again. This semester I am taking water aerobics and pila...
My mother had started the habit of holding his basket and then rehiding the eggs on him when we realized he was a very good spotter at ag...