Translate

Friday, June 27, 2008

Book recommendation



Having just come from You SEW Girl's blog, I thought of all you who do sew in the various ways. I really loved this book and it made me think of the needle and thread world that is out there and is so far from my experience. While I did sew in my 20s, I can't say it was any great love.

But for those of you who find satisfaction in stitching, try out this book...it's about a seamstress (probably not the best word) who worked for Coco Chanel. It made me think of The Devil Wears Prada re bosses.

The Collection by Gioia Diliberto


(btw, I am dealing with my withdrawal from the net with brief periods on my dh's laptop - the only computer in the house with a connection. New IP gets connected on Wednesday!!)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for the plug, Maureen!! And thanks for the book recommendation.... I'll be adding that to my Amazon wishlist.

Hila said...

must check out that book - thanks.

BigCat said...

Thanks for the suggested read. It sounds like a good one.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts