Saturday, May 24, 2008

This is: something I got, but still haven't used.

Well, after thinking about this one, and trying to narrow it down, I'll got with the one that is causing me grief. Good theme FlossyP !

This pantry
Pantry

and this shelf in particular.
Sweet jars

Some of these I bought, and some were gifts, but you know with this kind of non-basic food, you usually don't end up using the whole kit and caboodle in a recipe. And what does that lead to my lovelies??? Yes, another jar in the fridge, another jar half empty/half full, whatever you call it, it's just another jar in the fridge. I have a lot of jars in the fridge and it drives me nuts.

I had one of those plans to use one 'new shelf item' a week, but I kind of got backfilled so to speak, meaning the fridge said NO More!! I want one of these shelves cleared to use for pastas so it's time to get working on these again. I have, at least, stopped buying most of the 'interesting' items I used to buy. Well, mostly stopped buying....Food lovers who like to cook have low resistance for this sort of thing.

Want to see more unused goodies or baddies or ...check out the list at Threebuttons.

11 comments:

BigCat said...

That is a fascinating lot of goodies that you have there. It's fun to have a look in another foodies' cupboards.

Maybe we need to have "an ingredient a week" challenge or something. I have a few unused ingredients that I could get into.

faz said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! I've got tons of stuff like that. The most fancy of which is ground lemon myrtle which we got after eating some relish lemon myrtie ice cream. Have no idea what to do with it!!

Dees said...

LOL It looks like my cupboard.I always end up keeping things from the christmas present box my husband get's at his work every year.Always tons of stuff in there I never ever use!!!xoxo

Lisa said...

My cupboard is the exact opposite of that.

I love bigcats idea of an ingredient a week. Seeing you wonderful cooks putting interesting dishes together might be the motivation I need.

Net said...

Yum, looks like a great cupboard! Have you tried the challenge where you only "shop from your pantry"? Could be fun to come up with new recipes and use up all those yummy ingredients!

proudgrits11 said...

Heehee. I have the same problem. Do I collect fun jams and spreads just for my twice-yearly tea parties...or leave the cabinet space and buy the darn things the week before the tea??? :) People love to give them to me as gifts, too, figuring I must host people to tea all the time--ah, no. I wish, though!! :) Thanks for the peek!

Kirsty said...

Oooh I like that shop from your pantry idea. I should have a go at that too.

flossy-p said...

Wow it looks like the shelf of a beautiful deli, lucky you ;)

I understand though, we were given a hamper of unusual foods from friends, and I honestly don't know what to do with most of it. I've opened a few things, used them ones or twice and the rest just sits there on the shelf.

Thanks for playing along :)

Just Jaime said...

I am the condiments queen, my fridge is stuffed full of half used items and like you I have a cupboard full of 'one day' bits. :)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

In a way, it's a good thing I don't cook... you've seen my un-used crafting purchases, if I cooked, my kitchen would look like this, but I have no room in the Japanese apartment!

It looks like a very fun pantry to raid though!

danica said...

What a wonderful selection of condiments! I love peeking into other people's kitchens :)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts