Friday, May 2, 2008

Flashback Friday... May 2



MJB Christmas 1945
Originally uploaded by redazadi

I'm sorry but I forget who it was that rec'd the book about the Steiff family. I often wondered in years that followed this shot whether my bear came from that lineage. I loved it because it was so soft plus it was MY size! Actually, he looks larger in this shot.

Looking at that furniture reminds me of how much I disliked it...so so scratchey. You couldn't put your face on it without being pricked by the textures. And for you vintage folk, how about the doilies? My xh used to call them 'tidies' and I know they were crocheted by my Nana. Another item long gone...which I wish I had. Fortunately we have photographs to jog the memory.

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Hi

Thanks for the kind comment about my leadlight windows. Yes I made them myself. Its a bit like quilting with glass.

one little acorn said...

Love the old photo. There is a photo of my brother with a golden bear that was bigger than him, that I have always loved. Maybe there was a tinge of jealousy too...
Cheers!

cloud9 said...

Oh, I just love photos like this one. How fanastic; they tell such stories don't they? Loving the doilies also, wish I could crochet...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts