Today I'll share a few family pics that have been on the computer for a bit.
My Uncle Joe was someone I never met but I'd say if I'd met him as a young woman ...well, he was darn good looking. He died in India at the end, in fact just after the end, of WWII. Pretty tragic - his plane flew into a mountainside and his remains weren't brought back until 4? 5? years later. He and my Aunt Florence had one son who was two months younger than I was. We fought a lot. ;-) My Aunt Florence never remarried, but was always a fun loving woman but sadly died in her 50s? of Alzheimers.
Here is another pic of them with another couple - possibly in Atlantic City or nearby as they lived in Pennsylvania. I would say it was in the early 40s. Of my mother's siblings who survived childhood, my Uncle Joe was the only one who kept his blond hair.
Pre-war, my uncle worked as a tree trimmer and did a lot of work in upstate NY. This could have been there or in PA or even on their honeymoon?? No notes, and no one left to ask...
Now we go later into the 1940s with a pic of my father taken somewhere in Europe. This is either Sept 17 of 1944 or 1945.
And here is the back of the picture with my father's notes. In looking at it after all these years, I found it funny that he commented on his squinting. My first husband was a squinter too! (click to read more easily)
Happy Vintage weekend to all!
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
Yes, I'll miss you too but sometimes a vacation is what is needed. I'm having a solo trip out west in the land of green chiles, R...
cure for brain troubles...if only
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...
This afternoon, I will actually be doing week 33 which just ended but this week I am still thinking of doing a modified Week in the Life for...