Today I'll share a few family pics that have been on the computer for a bit.
My Uncle Joe was someone I never met but I'd say if I'd met him as a young woman ...well, he was darn good looking. He died in India at the end, in fact just after the end, of WWII. Pretty tragic - his plane flew into a mountainside and his remains weren't brought back until 4? 5? years later. He and my Aunt Florence had one son who was two months younger than I was. We fought a lot. ;-) My Aunt Florence never remarried, but was always a fun loving woman but sadly died in her 50s? of Alzheimers.
Here is another pic of them with another couple - possibly in Atlantic City or nearby as they lived in Pennsylvania. I would say it was in the early 40s. Of my mother's siblings who survived childhood, my Uncle Joe was the only one who kept his blond hair.
Pre-war, my uncle worked as a tree trimmer and did a lot of work in upstate NY. This could have been there or in PA or even on their honeymoon?? No notes, and no one left to ask...
Now we go later into the 1940s with a pic of my father taken somewhere in Europe. This is either Sept 17 of 1944 or 1945.
And here is the back of the picture with my father's notes. In looking at it after all these years, I found it funny that he commented on his squinting. My first husband was a squinter too! (click to read more easily)
Happy Vintage weekend to all!
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1. Well for starters I am not in Washington and will do whatever I can to avoid any mention of the inaguration of that person. God help the...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...