Yikes, I'm not sure there will be anything new on my desk today as I got the postcards for a swap finally done, and sent out. I wanted to seal the inkjet printing and am flumoxed as to what to use. Modgepodge for paper(which I doubted but bought on the clerk's advice...)made one run, as I thought it would. I bit the bullet and used some old aerosole clear lacquer which worked but of course smelled to high heaven. I would do this outside but it was starting to rain. To quote Gilda Radner's Roseanna Dandanna, It's always somthing. ANY suggestions as to what to use to coat ink jet prints is appreciated.
And as I put most of the stuff away, I am probably going to do some 'word cutting' for collages. I love doing this and used to journal with random phrases.
So I will add the pic of the postcards that were sent. Each had more stuff on the mailing side but the addresses are there so... you don't get to see that side.
What is NOT on my desk but is now on my mind is a swap I signed up for - a journal exchange, and the topics are really quite good, don't you think?? You must mail the Journal to your partner on July 1. This will take some dedication for me. (I think it will be the green journal or the black one that will be for the project.)
Here are the themes (there are 31 in total)
* write a letter to yourself in the future
* find a photo of a person you do not know. Write a brief biography about them
* Fill and entire page in your journal with small circles. Colour them in
* create instructions for a simple everyday task (e.g. washing up, making a cup of tea)
* Write a letter to somebody you admire
* Glue a photo of yourself as a child into your journal. Write about what you think you were doing that day
* Make a list of everything you would buy with a million pound (2 million dollars)
* write an entry in code
* find a photo, alter it in anyway you wish
* illustrate your grocery list
* make a map of everywhere you went in one day
* cut out all media for one day, write about the effects (try to do this on a non work day, but if you work everyday you may continue to use the essential things - not swapbot!)
* go for a walk, draw/list all the things you see
* Physically alter a page (i.e. cut holes in it, pour tea on it, burn it, fold it etc)
* glue an envie into your journal. For one week collect items you find in the street and put in the envie. Please don't put dangerous or really dirty items in.
* Draw or list all the things in your purse/bag (the bag you carry all your belongings around in i.e. money, phone, lipgloss, hairbrush, diary. Not the one your money and cards go in)
* Write your own definition of one of the following concepts - sitting, waiting, sleeping or eating
* write an entry in your journal in really LARGE letters (free choice what you actually write)
* Write down a secret. Cut it up and glue back randomly. You could cut the letters from differant newspapers and magazines if you wished
* create a character based on somebody you know. Write a list of personality traits
* Create an image using dots
* list 10 of your habits (or all of them if you have less than 10)
* list 10 things you would like to do every day
* list your 10 most important things. Not including animals or people
* make a list of everything you buy in the next week
* write in your journal using a differant medium (i.e. brush & ink, charcoal, old typewriter, crayons, markers) (again free choice what you write about)
* Draw the individual items of your favourite outfit
* Find a piece of poetry you respond to. Rewrite it and glue it in your journal
* record all the sounds you hear in one hour
* write about your relationship with a household appliance (i.e. washer, dishwasher, kettle)
* cut a random shape out of layers of a magazine. Make a collage of the results.
Feel free to join...Journal Swap-Theme a Day. Final date to sign up is May 31st.
Other desks to spy on are at this girl's blog...have a peep.
- ► 2016 (195)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
the last of the baklava in 2011
This map, found and now sold by Paula Kesselring at The Lily Pad as part of the Life is An Adventure collaboration, is one that shows w...
These are some of the photos I had not seen for over 30 years. This set surprised me quite a bit as I did not recall coming back to Mar...
When my 2nd child was due, my Nana came to England to stay with us. She arrived before Christmas 1971 and baby Iain was born the January ...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Miata? Historic tags?
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I don't know where Monday went or really where much of today went but there it is. The afternoon has arrived and the sun is setting. But...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...