Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is...my mother


ML 1934
Originally uploaded by redazadi

This is my mother.

And this week's meme theme comes from Zoesquid

I like this picture because it shows a part of her I never really knew...the carefree young woman who still had dreams and possibilities ahead despite the harsh realities of growing up in a coal mining town. The unpainted siding of a company owned house didn't snuff the sparkle in her eyes.

And advice? I don't really recall any, but it's probably because I always had a 'fast' mouth. I suspect she may have given advice..hesitantly and anticipating my own quick retort....because I know she often said, "I'd slap those teeth down your throat if they hadn't cost me so much money to straighten them!!"

My mother died of cancer when I was 37.
I love you Mommy. And thank you.

More takes on this theme can be found over on ThreeButtons blogroll of players.

7 comments:

Sasparilla Sue said...

Wow!! Your mom was a real looker!! And that Slapping your teeth down your throat thing...I think our mothers must be related somehow.

Two Peas In a Pod said...

WOW! Your mum was beautiful.
Kyla

Hannah said...

You mum looked like a stunning lady. It's a beautiful photo.

alexandra said...

Beautiful.

Sandra said...

That's a beautiful photo of your mom. And I love the line she always gave you about the teeth. Sounds like she had a great sense of humour!

danica said...

This is a beautiful post. I love the photo of your mum :)

Lisa said...

I really wish I could see the photo Maureen, but I have trouble viewing Flickr things on this computer.

I'll bet she was very proud of your fast mouth and those teeth she had straightened. :)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts