Translate

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Full Weekend

Lots of things going on, and all nice ones. I realized I was really really tired Friday afternoon, and ended up taking a nap tho when it's 2 hrs that's beyond a nap! It felt good even tho I missed my Artist Way group in Baltimore, but I did take a pic to show I'm still working on my Silliness.

Silly Nanny

Saturday a good friend who is a hvac man came over and finished doing the ductwork that was left undone during the renovation. Our original hvac man got into a huff when he found out he needed a permit in the city of Annapolis. That's how it's done here, hon! This isn't Baltimore! Mike had also come a week earlier and helped clean the cellar out so he could get the duct work in. Thanks soooo much!! A check we were glad to write!
New ductwork will be going in

Then a chance to go out with friends for dinner here in Annapolis. Guess which two were out in the garden in the afternoon? Yep, those two red faces on the right. On the drive back to our house, I had a chance to ride in the Porsche. Made me think about the one I used to have!

4 @ Mikes

Sunday am...a breakfast I've been meaning to make for a while. Unfortunately, Dick had already eaten when I got around to making the eggs in salsa.

Sunday Eggs with Salsa

The eggs are actually poached in the salsa.

eggs in salsa

Then some time enjoying the garden - makes the hard work somewhat worthwhile. ;-)

Pretty Ladies

Finally dinner of pasta with gruyere sauce (upscale mac and cheese), grilled salmon and roasted asparagus. It was so nice to have the new crop of herbs for the salmon marinade - chives and lemon thyme. A really fresh taste.

Grilling Salmon

Uhmmmmmm. Very good and all gone!

Late Spring Dinner

What tops a good weekend more than a new book? Thanks to ??? from the This is ... meme for the recommendation.



Too much history behind me, and I guessed the location of the fence/story right away, but it's a very good book, poignant. Try it! If it was your blog on which I saw this recommendation, tell me and I'll give you credit. ;-)

11 comments:

Lorih said...

I hated naps when I was little, but now I love nothing more than a nap (I count 2 hours as a nap!) in the afternoon.

Danielle said...

what a busy weekend full of goodness :)

proudgrits11 said...

Wow, I'm preggers and all that food looked yum-o!! I love the eggs poaching IN the salsa--I gotta try that!!
I'm so envious of a nice yard--we're lucky to keep the weeds from overtaking the house but hardly anything grows out here in the desert!
Sounds like a great weekend--you packed it in!!

Kirsty said...

Oh yes - a FABULOUS book.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Wow! That is a big weekend. Love the look of poaching eggs in salsa! Is that easy?

My copy of the Artists Way just arrived today. Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Oh, and in response to your comment on my blog, not, it's not some of my paper, but is a part of a big project that I'm working on at the moment that I hope I can talk about in a few months (if it all works out..)

AnastasiaC said...

the salsa eggs look delicious...i make something similar but with peppers!!

Marysol said...

grA two-hour nap, a yummy breakfast, dinner with friends, and you still find time for silliness. How do you do it?! ;-Þ

M, I hope you brought enough Huevos Rancheros for everyone.

djbebe said...

eggs in salsa - intriguing! Thanks for dropping by my blog

BigCat said...

Sounds like so many lovely things happening. Gee those pansies are lovely too.

cloud9 said...

I have to agree with the majority on this one...eggs poached in salsa sounds like heaven!

Stacy A. said...

Mmmmm mmmm, those eggs look good. I think I will make some for dinner with tortillas! So funny, I just read that post about the book yesterday and already can't remember where lol. I will keep thinking.
Looks like your keeping busy. That salmon looks great as well, and there is nothing like fresh herbs to get your senses reeling.
That Aussie story is hilarious. I can't vouch for the cockroaches but when I was there, in northern Queensland, I did attend a cane toad race. You had to use a straw to try to get your toad off the table and into the bucket first. A riot! Hope all is well. Love Stacy

Blog Archive

Popular Posts