This was at the bottom of a junk email about Pet RX Insurance....so very bizarre.
It started in a parking garage. Two men had been arguing all night about their roaches. Drunk and Australian, they decided that the only way to determine who truly possessed the fastest roaches in Brisbane was to retreat to a local parking garage. To the cheers of inebriated fans, they held a race. No one really remembers who won. This is how cockroach racing was born. Every year, in a glorious feat of Australian absurdity, roaches are now raced to the cheers of thousands. The roaches are actually introduced, as at a boxing match, until a bin of them is overturned in the middle of a circle. And at the signal, the box is raised, and these panicked pests make a break for it. The way that Australians figure it, the cockroaches are just as much a part of their culture as kangaroos or koalas - maybe even moreso. At least with roaches, everybody has one. And besides, a cockroach race is a good excuse to drink. It is, therefore, a brilliant idea. Performance-enhancers like coffee, sugar and wine are banned. And anyone who argues with the rules is deemed simply, Not very Australian at all.
Is this for real???
- ► 2015 (167)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
My first day of the trip involved a lot of the logistics. Leave Maryland, arrive in Albuquerque New Mexico, get my luggage, get to the car r...
found on Instagram
That means the week is done! I did enjoy this a good bit, making a few of my own templates, using ones I bought from Ali Edwards and Cathy Z...
Sadly, for me, what I thought were 6x8 page protectors were in fact 6x8 but for 3 images. Bummer. Nonetheless, I proceeded to make the pages...
While in Ocean City last week, I also found an 'official' Becky Higgins 6x8 album I liked a lot. Seafoam (?) Green and even on sa...
1. Pope Francis is here. May his love continue to inspire us and remind us that God, any god or variation you understand, is totally inclus...
We arrived in Thailand in January 1976. A culture and climate change to be sure after 7 years in England and several months in Maryland for ...
My reason for going north to Pueblo, CO was on the recommendation of a friend. She had seen a chiropractor who also did muscle testing and r...
1. Dismal start to October with chilly rain from the advance of Hurricane Joaquin. Right now it isn't supposed to hit us but I'll wa...
retablo San Francisco Church Taos, found on line