Friday, May 23, 2008
Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
Ah the younger, slimmer days...with my two sons outside my parents house, the house where I spent most of my growing up years in Maryland. In fact, the house I lived in until I 'went from my father's house to my husband's house.' By this point, August 1978, my father had been dead of ALS for 5 years. The summer shot was just before we left for Iran and a tumultuous couple of months in that troubled country. It was hard for my mother to see her grandchildren, esp that lanky boy on my right, go so far away - again. He was the love of her life, esp as she had time to 'mother' him, a joy she was denied when I was an infant during WWII when she only saw me on weekends - if she was lucky. Little did we know how soon she'd have us back.
Same house, but circa 1966...the year of my first marriage. It always appalled my mother that these new houses were built without sidewalks. Ah - the start of car dependent suburbia, and in suburbia then, there was nothing to walk to anyhow. Give me the urban or or if I have to, the country ...suburbs are still wastelands imho.
- ► 2015 (167)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
My first day of the trip involved a lot of the logistics. Leave Maryland, arrive in Albuquerque New Mexico, get my luggage, get to the car r...
found on Instagram
That means the week is done! I did enjoy this a good bit, making a few of my own templates, using ones I bought from Ali Edwards and Cathy Z...
Sadly, for me, what I thought were 6x8 page protectors were in fact 6x8 but for 3 images. Bummer. Nonetheless, I proceeded to make the pages...
While in Ocean City last week, I also found an 'official' Becky Higgins 6x8 album I liked a lot. Seafoam (?) Green and even on sa...
1. Pope Francis is here. May his love continue to inspire us and remind us that God, any god or variation you understand, is totally inclus...
We arrived in Thailand in January 1976. A culture and climate change to be sure after 7 years in England and several months in Maryland for ...
My reason for going north to Pueblo, CO was on the recommendation of a friend. She had seen a chiropractor who also did muscle testing and r...
1. Dismal start to October with chilly rain from the advance of Hurricane Joaquin. Right now it isn't supposed to hit us but I'll wa...
retablo San Francisco Church Taos, found on line