Friday, May 23, 2008
Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
Ah the younger, slimmer days...with my two sons outside my parents house, the house where I spent most of my growing up years in Maryland. In fact, the house I lived in until I 'went from my father's house to my husband's house.' By this point, August 1978, my father had been dead of ALS for 5 years. The summer shot was just before we left for Iran and a tumultuous couple of months in that troubled country. It was hard for my mother to see her grandchildren, esp that lanky boy on my right, go so far away - again. He was the love of her life, esp as she had time to 'mother' him, a joy she was denied when I was an infant during WWII when she only saw me on weekends - if she was lucky. Little did we know how soon she'd have us back.
Same house, but circa 1966...the year of my first marriage. It always appalled my mother that these new houses were built without sidewalks. Ah - the start of car dependent suburbia, and in suburbia then, there was nothing to walk to anyhow. Give me the urban or or if I have to, the country ...suburbs are still wastelands imho.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...