Today would have been my dear mil's birthday. She was a sweetheart, a tiny little thing (4'10) but there was no doubt that she ruled the roost. These pics were taken when she went as my chaperone (!) back when I was visiting her son down at the Air Force base in Mississippi in 1963. (Tells you a lot about this concept since blogspot thinks the word is misspelled and doesn't have an alternative; dictionary says it's an outdated word... )
Mama was sick on the train going down, and I was sick on the train coming back up. She had great fear that I was pregnant! However, as I reminded her years later when she told me this, it would be pretty unlikely that I'd have morning sickness 3 days after The Possible Event. ;-) eta: There was none of that. This was pre-pill.
Mama always had a soft spot for cats, and she found this one down on the AF base and just had to love him up. Mama went to heaven ( I have no doubt about this) in 1999 when she was in her 80s. She was the best mil a woman could ask for. Love you Dorothy.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...