Today would have been my dear mil's birthday. She was a sweetheart, a tiny little thing (4'10) but there was no doubt that she ruled the roost. These pics were taken when she went as my chaperone (!) back when I was visiting her son down at the Air Force base in Mississippi in 1963. (Tells you a lot about this concept since blogspot thinks the word is misspelled and doesn't have an alternative; dictionary says it's an outdated word... )
Mama was sick on the train going down, and I was sick on the train coming back up. She had great fear that I was pregnant! However, as I reminded her years later when she told me this, it would be pretty unlikely that I'd have morning sickness 3 days after The Possible Event. ;-) eta: There was none of that. This was pre-pill.
Mama always had a soft spot for cats, and she found this one down on the AF base and just had to love him up. Mama went to heaven ( I have no doubt about this) in 1999 when she was in her 80s. She was the best mil a woman could ask for. Love you Dorothy.
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
Yes, I'll miss you too but sometimes a vacation is what is needed. I'm having a solo trip out west in the land of green chiles, R...
cure for brain troubles...if only
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...
This afternoon, I will actually be doing week 33 which just ended but this week I am still thinking of doing a modified Week in the Life for...