Today would have been my dear mil's birthday. She was a sweetheart, a tiny little thing (4'10) but there was no doubt that she ruled the roost. These pics were taken when she went as my chaperone (!) back when I was visiting her son down at the Air Force base in Mississippi in 1963. (Tells you a lot about this concept since blogspot thinks the word is misspelled and doesn't have an alternative; dictionary says it's an outdated word... )
Mama was sick on the train going down, and I was sick on the train coming back up. She had great fear that I was pregnant! However, as I reminded her years later when she told me this, it would be pretty unlikely that I'd have morning sickness 3 days after The Possible Event. ;-) eta: There was none of that. This was pre-pill.
Mama always had a soft spot for cats, and she found this one down on the AF base and just had to love him up. Mama went to heaven ( I have no doubt about this) in 1999 when she was in her 80s. She was the best mil a woman could ask for. Love you Dorothy.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- New Look...
- Flashback Friday May 30
- Chocolate Therapy
- On my desk...May 28
- A phrase to make my heart ache
- The Vietnam Wall
- This is: something I got, but still haven't used.
- Oh so addictive
- vietnamese chicken meatballs in lettuce wraps
- Flashback Friday 1. 08 05 23
- Book Tag - fun to play
- How can her feet be cold???
- On my desk...May 21
- This is ...how I recycle
- Time to Look Elsewhere For Me
- On My Desk...the other desk
- This is...my mother
- For My Australian Friends
- Flashback Friday May 9
- Note the flowers in the Banner
- On My desk..May 7
- A Full Weekend
- This is ...the pair of shoes I'd sleep in...sortof...
- Flashback Friday... May 2
- ▼ May (24)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...
Miata? Historic tags?