Saturday, April 19, 2008

This is ...my latest discovery



She's already been discovered with two cds and gigs about the east coast but I met her in a hair salon Friday. One of those random moments when you say....gosh, I need a haircut...how about just running in this one. And you have a serendipitous moment that lights up your day and makes you smile to be alive.

She is one of the nicest, most genuine young women I've met in some time. Grounded and gorgeous. Multi talented without a lick of pretension. Take a listen to her, and enjoy. I wish you could talk to her and enjoy her presence.

Oh yeah... I got one of the best haircuts I've had for a long time too. The way I remember my hair looking when it looked good.

9 comments:

flossy-p said...

How cool :) Her voice reminds me a bit of Suzanne Vega. Glad you got a great haircut out of it too.

Jenny said...

I had a listen and her voice is quite amazing-strong and sweet.It is so refreshing to have a new haircut too!

Michelle said...

Hi there. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sorry, there is no recipe available for the fetta. I made it in a class and you need starters and lipase and VERY sterile equipment to complete the process. I suggest looking for cheese making recipes on line, or finding a class. It's lots of fun, and I'll be making fetta again.

lr&h said...

Nothing like a good haircut! And meeting really nice people :)

BigCat said...

I wish I could find a good hairdresser. I have been without one for years now and once every 6 months I anxiously go and try someone to see if they can do the job. No luck yet.

The music was lovely. I agree that she sounds like Suzanne Vega.

Dees said...

That is such a cool story!I hadn't heard of her before,thank you for sharing that.And also many thanks for your warm comment about my dear daddy.hugs Dees

mill said...

Oooooo will have to have a listen after I post this! Glad your haircut turned out so well - mine are always dodgy for the first few weeks ;)

AnastasiaC said...

how cool!! she's got great hair too!
hey im so happy you're playing along with my 'pay it forward'
i'll just need you to email me your address details
so i can mail your parcel out...
aa.christou@optusnet.com.au

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Thank you! I love her voice, I have it playing in the background now ;)

Thank you also for your kind words on my "nesting" post. The yoga and meditation is great advice and something I'm going to try to add to my routine very soon.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts