Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On my desk...April 9

On my Desk...April 9
(click pic to see large Flickr version with lots of notes - if you are nicely nosey)

Oh look at the other desks at Kootoyoo's list instead.

Aaargh I now know why I put off doing this...too many memories, both good and painful, and the everpresent issue for me of what to do with small bits. I have done this in fits and starts all week, and thought...damn..it's gonna get done today come hell or high water! (I shouldn't say that..we've had a week of rain.)

Well there is a good bit of order actually, a batch for charity, a bunch of silver for my daughter..and still a couple of bits to clear off the table. This was really tiring, physically and emotionally. Enuf.

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow, there are lots of little interesting bits and pieces on your desk!

mill said...

I love all your bits and pieces! I am a compulsive collector...I keep everything and consider them treasures lol (think of all the memories associated with them!) I have 6 photo storage boxes that are filled with my "junk" :D at least your things are pretty, mine include old bus tickets ;)

proudgrits11 said...

lovely little things!! wish i could jump in there and make something!!

Kirsty said...

I can't believe you still have earrings sent by a penpal in the 60s. That is MOST impressive.

Cooking My Life said...

Kirsty, those are little barrette - obviously for very fine hair. I have thick, curly hair and while I never wore them, I was impressed by the enameling.

Jogirl said...

Hey there, thanks for looking and commenting on my blog..now that last two that you didnt know..havaianas are thongs/flip flops, they are the best, ask the grankids they probably have 20 pairs. And clinkers, mmmm yummy hard lolly in the centre with chocolate coating.
Cheers
Jogirl

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your desk has some very interesting bit and bobs! Thanks for stopping by my blog. In answer to your question, the weighted book mark is made up of a triangle measuring 17 cm on each side. Each side is folded in half, right side together and sewn up to the point. It is filled with rice. Easy Peasy.....

CameoRoze said...

Thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Loved your annotated 'on my desk' photo. Isn't it amazing how such little bits of things can hold so much emotional power!?! I recently decluttered some of my religious books -- collected since the 1970s -- and had the same kind of emotional tug going on in my heart.

By the way, I'm an ENFJ ... a "ministry" type. Looks like we also have photography in common. (I just started a digital photo class last Monday).

So glad to meet you!

Chris Worthy said...

I was nosy. :) And I love all the baubles on your desk. The are quite lovely.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts