Sunday, March 9, 2008

This is ...the view from my front door

This weeks theme from Angela at Three Buttons "This is..." meme comes from Brooke at Boobooksausagedogs . It's a nice idea as we shift into either fall (for her) or spring ( for me.) We have such interesting environments.


The view is rather short but I do love my front walk (and driveway). That was one of the things that sold me about the house 21 years ago. I eliminated the front grass then and now have a combo of ivy, pachysandra and unfortunately some other things that spring up right thru and need to be plucked out. Not too diligent about that... But good things also emerge from planting ages ago, like one little purple crocus fighting its way up thru the leaves.


Happy Sunday!

10 comments:

boobook said...

i love your view and all of the colours that you see when you leave your house for the day!!

Little Munchkins said...

Ooh, I do envy your garden. I have a very sad looking one as you saw.

Maureen said...

Soon we'll have a lot more color as we get into spring and summer, but I try to plant only green and white to cool the hot humid summer feeling.

little red said...

Your brick walkway looks lovely and inviting!

Kirsty said...

Your view is gorgeous - your little walk is lovely.

AnastasiaC said...

its such a cute little walkway...its nice to see how the different seasons look....soon it will be nice and green over there!

Net said...

Your path looks so beautiful and restful. I love it when little plants poke up through paths, it makes me think "Good for you, Mother Nature!"

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That's so lovely and quaint. I'm with little red, it looks really inviting.

Thank you for the comment on my blog, and yes you're right we can adapt to a new culture quickly when we want to as long as we're open to change.

Sandra said...

I love your red brick walk, it is so inviting! And I can almost smell the freshness of the rain in your garden. I love watching those crocus' that spring up this time of the year. It is lovely!

Maureen said...

Thank you all.

You inspire me to do some more cleanup which I procrastinate about till it gets overgrown, or the next season happens!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts