Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pinhole not Pinprick



Pinhole, pinhole... is what I had been talking about earlier. The artist is Heather Smith Jones and her flickr pics are just amazing. What patience she has!! And she's Australian too!! (Wrong! HSJ tells me she is not - I believe she is from Kansas US. Ty KSJ. ) I see all this As A SIGN that I am meant to go to Australia. But what a loooong long time on the airplane. (n.b. even if HSJ is not Australian, I think a future trip is plannable. )

While Heather says she uses a sewing machine needle, it seems that there is a tool in one of her pics. In quickly googling, I didn't find too much that did not go back to referencing Heather. One other blog CallyCreates has pictures taken from Heather's site and other work she and others have done. I am going to have to read up a bit and see what they have done and how they have done it.

I DO have a new thimble bought in Lisbon that I spied with just this project in mind. Two other women were looking at the thimbles as I came back to buy the one I'd pondered (but didn't buy on first look), and neither one knew what the little items were or what they were used for. I explained and they still didn't quite get it and English was the language we all shared so it wasn't that. I guess if you've never seen a thimble in use or sewn, it makes no sense.

Anyhow, with a price at just under 1.5 Euros I snatched the one I wanted while they looked at these tiny and affordable souvenirs. As my little treasure is some kind of pottery, I do hope it will work. A pic later when I can figure out how to put it on my finger and snap or get dh to do the imaging for me.

3 comments:

Stacy A. said...

Maureen, Thank you for the lovely comment. Wow, you seem to be having a blast. I can't wait to keep up with your cooking and travels.
Mumsy is indeed a rare term. My husband , seeing how close my mom and I are, started calling her that affectionately and it seemed perfect.
You should absolutely put Australia on your list. I went a few years ago and was very nervous about the long plain ride but those Aussies know how to do it right. You have your own little t.v. and they give you a mask, socks and ear plugs. You can even watch a little show for airplane yoga. That flight seems easier than some of the Boston to Phoenix trips I do. Have a great time in your wanderings.

Maureen said...

Thanks Stacy.

We are having a great time, but each of us had some pretty dark days in our earlier lives so it does tend to balance in the end if you live long enough and make serious changes in your life. (No easy way out of that, is there??)

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Those pinhole drawings are gorgeous.....

You should definately visit Australia - it's a long plane trip, but worth it!

Leah xx

Blog Archive

Popular Posts