Friday, February 1, 2008

Rainy and sickly

When I journal in the early a.m., I start out with a technique given to me by a friend. I answer the question Weather outside? and then Weather inside? . Outside today, it's pouring down rain, a real wintry rain. Inside? well I feel really down with this chest congestion and sore throat. No energy even tho I have a few important things to do before vacation, including visiting the Department of Motor Vehicles. The latter isn't so bad since it mostly involves sitting and waiting to get the little sticker for the tag. I am also going to get myself personalized tags again, something I had for years but gave up in 2001. I'll take a magazine and enjoy the process. Isn't that the point of life? Be in the moment, experience it all (cough cough) and stay present.

DH has taken himself to the doctor so he should be coming home with medicine and even better - a bag of navel oranges. I need that sunny energy so I'll look at this picture of clementines until he gets home. Maybe sunny Spain is what we really do long for. I'll try to keep that in mind, because this malaise isn't fun...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts