What says spring will come - more than bulbs forced during the winter?
With some truly cold weather recently, these seem to have flourished and not ended up with that paperwhite scent that can get so cloying. Unfortunately, there will be no more this winter chez nous. Next fall, I must remember to get hyacinths to have them in the depth of January and February. I know they sell them in the stores, but forcing them to bloom at home seems like an ancient magic.
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Spring Inside
- This is...
- Stick to the plain ol' ...
- Many thanks to our teacher Virginia Olson
- Memories of Day 2 Baking Class
- Memories of Day 1 Baking Class
- Baking Class...Baby Steps
- Portuguese Soupas
- Getting Back to Soup
- Pumpkin Soups - Compare and Choose
- Habanero Bites
- Williams-Sonoma Pork with Pears
- Crockpot Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
- Winter Lasagne
- AASPN TUT Using Gradient with Clipping Mask
- AnnT's Greek Souvlaki
- CZ Rounded Corner Tutorial
- World's Best Meatloaf
- Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- If You Lived Your Life Abroad
- ▼ January (20)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
Yes, I'll miss you too but sometimes a vacation is what is needed. I'm having a solo trip out west in the land of green chiles, R...
cure for brain troubles...if only
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...
This afternoon, I will actually be doing week 33 which just ended but this week I am still thinking of doing a modified Week in the Life for...